Even though nail salons are starting to open back up, I rarely go to the salon to get my nails done anyways. Most of the time I do my own nails at home, and especially right now, I’m still not going out for non essentials. Here are all of the things I use for my at home nail care routine.
- I always start by cutting and filing my nails. I like to keep them in a short squared shape.
- Next, I like to use cuticle remover to soften my cuticles and push them back. I use orangewood sticks rather than a metal cuticle pusher because its more gentle, and won’t damage your nails. I don’t cut my cuticles, but I do use a cuticle trimmer if there’s anything that does need to be removed.
- If I do use a base coat, my favorite is from Orly. I feel like it actually does help grip the nail polish and make it last longer.
- The most fun part of any manicure is the color! My favorites are usually from OPI or Essie. I’m currently wearing Essie Topless & Barefoot. Its a recent find and the perfect nude! You can find my post of my most recent favorite nail colors here. Two coats usually does it for me, and then I always finish with a top coat. I love the Essie Gel Couture Top Coat or Seche Vite for high shine.
- My hands can get really dry so I like to finish my mani off with my favorite CND cuticle oil and L’Occitane hand cream.
Most of these items can be purchased on amazon, which makes it even easier to have an at home mani!